I have been debating for some time whether or not to include part of my book, Stone Cold on the website or not. Here’s the way the thought process went:
- People might like it and want to read more which would be fantastic.
- People might hate it and not want to read anymore.
- Some unscrupulous individual might want to ‘borrow’ it.
- It lets the proverbial cat out of the bag too early.
- It exposes that soft underbelly that I think all writers must have – the fear of revealing something that has been close to their heart for so many months, maybe years, opening it up to public scrutiny.
There may only be one Pro compared to potentially even many more Cons but the single Pro sealed the deal for me really. I want people to enjoy what I write. That’s ultimately why I do it.
As far as the Cons go I hope that nobody hates it. There isn’t enough of the book on here to warrant anyone nicking it and nor am I that big headed to believe that anyone would want to. It’s only a teaser so no danger about giving anything too big away, and as far as the last Con goes I need to brave it out and hope everyone enjoys it.
So I have decided to put the opening of Stone Cold on the website. For now it is just the Prologue which can be viewed by clicking on the link below.
I hope you enjoy.
Photo Credit: Sebastien Wiertz, www.flickr.com/photos/wiertz